Bryony Smith candidate, candidates
Whether it's your first time writing a CV or your current one just needs updating, it can be difficult to know what information to include. If you are looking for a new job within the property industry or financial services GCB Recruitment is here to help. We have 10 years’ experience successfully placing candidates with employers - so when it comes to CV’s we know what works. Here are our 10 tips on how to write the perfect CV:
- Your CV should be relevant and concise – no longer than 2 sides of A4
- You should include your employment history in reverse chronological order, so your current position is at the top.
- Short sentences or bullet points can help us understand your responsibilities and duties.
- Include your employment dates so we know how much experience you have.
- Proofread and check for spelling mistakes.
- Don't include a photo of yourself – we don't care about how you look, rather what you can do and your relevant experience.
- Include your name, contact number, and email address so we can get in touch about new job opportunities.
- List your education and qualifications in reverse chronological order if it's relevant.
- A key skills section can boost your CV if you have specific training.
- Lastly, check the spacing and formatting of your CV so it's clear to read.