Our clients, a professional Property services company with a background in Commercial, Residential and Surveying, are seeking a Building surveyor to join their team. The position is a full time role, working in London 2/3 days a week with hybrid or office working available for the remainder of the week. Our clients are happy to recruit a London based candidate or someone who can travel to London to work for part of the week, and are prepared to assist with Travel and Accommodation expenses.
As a Building Surveyor your role will involve:
- Building condition assessments
- Insurance Valuations
- Assisting with developing detailed briefs in conjunction with the client and senior colleagues
- Carrying out site surveys (including RCAs, planned Maintenance Surveys, Condition Surveys and Defect Analysis)
- Undertaking design and specification work and assisting with preparing tender information
- Assisting with administering building contracts
- Undertaking all aspects of professional building surveying work (including Condition Surveys, Specific Defect analysis, PW Work, Dilapidations, Section 20 works, contract administration and Preparation of Planned Maintenance Programmes)
- Liaising with Clients, Contractors and other Consultants (internal and external)
To be considered for the Building Surveyor role you must have:
- A working knowledge of consulting engineering, surveying, architectural & planning practices and procedures supported by an awareness of the latest statutory requirements and technical publications.
- Defect Diagnosis and report writing experience
- Ability to prioritise, to work to deadlines and within budgets on projects
- Understanding of CDM Regs 2015, Party Wall and Building Regulation legislation
- BSc in Building Surveying
- Working towards the APC Final Assessment with RICS or CIOB, ideally 2 years minimum experience
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with Clients and colleagues
- Self-motivated approach and to be able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team as well as calmly under pressure
- Effective written & verbal communication skills
- High degree of IT literacy as you will be using Microsoft Office packages as well as other property software packages and interrogating databases
- A full UK Driving Licence
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to work and work type
As a Building Surveyor, you’ll be required to work Full Time, with a mixture of office, hybrid and site work
Our client is offering the successful Building Surveyor
- £40,000 - £60,000
- Travel and Accommodation Costs
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.