over 1 year ago
My clients are a professional services and investment management firm specialising in real estate. They help organisations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
They are currently looking for a client accountant to join their successful client accounts division in Norwich.
- Taking on the responsibility for financial management and regular financial reporting to clients within a designated property portfolio
- Ensuring that statutory and regulatory requirements, including those of HM Revenue & Customs and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors are satisfied for the Company and its clients
- Working with the Director and Associate Directors of Client Accounts to create an industry leading Client Accounts team, which is considered a ‘Centre of Excellence’ both internally and externally
- Trial Balance Reporting, VAT Reporting and any other additional reports or requirements to clients, surveyors and solicitors where appropriate.
- Be the main point of contact for the client for day to day queries on the portfolio
- Full knowledge and accountability of your portfolios including client accounting reports and monitoring completeness of the tasks performed by accounts administrator
- Ensure the smooth running of the portfolio including timely and accurate accounts reporting to clients, monitoring of funding and completing balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure KPI’s for the portfolio are identified and resolved in a line with the procedure to ensure these are kept to a minimum.
- Liaise with Surveyors on the portfolio, acting on and providing information in a timely manner. Work with the team to ensure there are no backlogs of work
- Attend regular Accounts and Surveying meetings and work with them to ensure client expectations are achieved
- Attend client meetings when required and work with clients to understand their needs, interpret their demands and respond appropriately
- Understand the management in and out of clients and properties
- Preferable, recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) or substantial accounting and/or management operations experience
- Strong Excel skills, to pivot table, VLookup level
- Working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required and knowledge of Client Systems (Yardi/MRI/Horizon) would be advantageous
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure, multi task and effectively prioritise. Organised, with attention to detail and able to work to tight deadlines.
In return for this role, my clients are offering a great basic salary of £25,000 (Depending on Experience).