Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding Commercial Building Surveyor role that offers genuine career progression and a flexible work/life balance?
If so, then this role could be perfect for you!!
Our clients are an award winning and well known RICS regulated Commercial practice in Cornwall with roots dating back to the 1950’s. Fully independent since 1994 they have established a fantastic reputation as the go to multi-disciplinary practice in the area.
The focus on offering a high level of knowledge, expertise and professional advice to their clients across the region and due to continued expansion within the practice they are actively seeking an experienced and professional qualified Commercial Building Surveyor to join their friendly and sociable team in the Truro area.
To be accountable for the delivery of all aspects of a high-quality building surveying service of almost exclusively commercial property assets across the South West in accordance with the firm’s contractual obligations to its clients and good estate management practice, surveying properties, businesses and buildings and reporting back on the design, construction and repair that may be needed.
- Surveying properties, producing Schedules of Condition, defect analysis and making recommendations for repairs with a high degree of autonomy, but delivered within contractual and statutory requirements, efficiently and effectively to maximise returns for our clients and profitability for this firm.
- Assess damage for insurance purposes, establish who is responsible for building repair costs and advise clients on issues such as property boundary disputes. Complete detailed reports as necessary.
- Check properties to make sure they meet building regulations, and fire safety and accessibility standards, and ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Deal with planning applications and advise on property law, building regulations and other legal matters such as health and safety. Act as an expert witness for our clients in property disputes.
- Advise on the health and safety aspects of buildings; advise on boundary and 'right to light' disputes and party wall procedures; prepare insurance assessments and claims. Advise on dilapidations, technical due diligence, contract administration and planned preventative maintenance.
- Provide comprehensive financial and operational reports tailored to your clients on an agreed frequency in an agreed format.
- Ensuring the portfolio complies fully with all aspects of Health & Safety and to keep full records recording those compliances.
- Work in conjunction with the Head of Department towards achieving personal and team targets in accordance with the company’s performance management system.
- Attend in-house training/CPD events as may be organised from time to time.
- Assist with business development for both the department and firm by, for example, attending business networking functions which may include out of hours activities.
- Basic salary between £40,000-£50,000 depending on experience.
- Attractive bonus scheme.
- 32 days holiday (including public holidays)
- On completion of probation – private medical insurance, cycle scheme
- Car parking
- No company car but use of 2 pool cars.
- 45p a mile mileage
- iPhone and laptop supplied.
So, if you are looking for a role within a forward thinking practice where they have numerous work events throughout the year then please get in touch.