Horsham, West Sussex
£35000 - £45000 per annum + car/allowance, healthcare, pension + more
12 days ago
Our client, one of the largest independent estate agencies in the south east are actively seeking a qualified and experienced Commercial General Practice Surveyor to join their in-house property team in Horsham.
You will be a member of the RICS or an experienced AssocRICS candidate with a strong background in general practice and property management. They are looking for a general practice surveyor who is confident in managing their own time and workload who has excellent communication skills and knowledge of safe working practices.
The role of Commercial General Practice Surveyor will involve:
- Advising the business on Landlord & Tenant matters
- Undertaking lease renewal/rent review work, securing external valuation advice where necessary
- Working with Solicitors to agree lease documentation.
- Sublet estate management.
- Contributing to accounting matters including periodic revaluations
- General portfolio and asset management tasks
- Building reinstatement cost assessments
- Property inspections, condition assessments, defect investigation
- Management of planned and reactive maintenance works
- Close liaison with the Health & Safety team to ensure premises compliance and record keeping.
- Contractor liaison and management
- Instructing specialist inspections
- Maintaining property records and systems
- Effective communication and support to Landlords/Tenants/Colleagues
- Support the drive for continual improvement within the business.
- Travel across sites around the South East
To be considered for the role you must have the following requirements:
- A strong background of commercial property management and general practice surveying in the South Est of England
- You will possess a proactive and positive outlook.
- You will be able to effectively work with colleague across the business as well as tenants, contractors and a range of outside organisations.
- You will be MRICS or an experienced AssocRICS candidate with ambitions of becoming chartered.
- 08.45 - 18.00 Monday to Friday
In return, our client is offering:
- £35,000-£45,000 Basic Salary (depending on experience)
- Possible remote working
- Company car or car allowance
- 33 days paid holiday
- Life Insurance
- Employee assistance scheme
GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.