Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Up to £18000 per annum
4 months ago
My client are currently looking for a Commercial Property Management Assistant to join the office in Huddersfield on a full-time basis.
Providing comprehensive administrative support to the commercial property management team, in particular, dealing ensuring the Landlords obligations are met and enforcing the tenant covenants under their lease primarily for payments and repairs.. This is to include any required typing, telephone calls and general administration.
This role will assist the commercial property management team in presenting a professional service to tenants/landlords to ensure the obligations under the leases are fulfilled and the Landlords interest is protected. This will generate fee income through our management services and contribute towards the company reputation and obtaining further instructions in the future.
- Receive calls from tenants and landlords relating to property matters
- Produces manual files for each new property/tenancy and archive old ones
- Issue invoices to commercial tenants for rents, service charges and insurance
- Assist in chasing commercial arrears of rent and other charges by phone and taking relevant action against the tenant for non-payment.
- Deal with enquiries for repairs, instruct appropriate contractors, check works are complete and arrange payment of the invoice
- Administer Service Charges with guidance from manager/surveyor
- Insurance - Deal with renewal of annual insurance on all commercial properties, ensuring that tenders are issued at least every three years
- Obtain Public Liability Insurance for all contractors and maintain record(s)
- Fire Alarm test at managed properties, ensuring fire risk assessments are up to date and that fire drills are undertaken twice annually
- Take and deal with enquiries from customers in respect of available properties through our commercial agency department.
- Assist in undertaking viewings on commercial agency properties
- Keep up to date the commercial agency software in respect of property enquiries and progress with sales/lettings
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 09.00am-5.30pm.
In return, our client is offering a basic salary of £16,000-£18,000 (depending on experience) with a view to further progression in the future.
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.