Our clients, a well-respected and established Construction firm in Hertfordshire, are recruiting for a Contracts Manager to join their team in Bishops Stortford. You will cover the areas of Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and London, so you must be able to drive and own your own vehicle.
The role would suit someone with experience as a Quantity Surveyor and a Project Manager, working on projects valuing between £50,000 - £1.5m. Experience within the public sector, including Health, Education, Blue light and Leisure sectors is essential.
As a Contracts Manager your role will involve:
- Financial management
- Production of project budgets following the handover from Estimators
- Placing and managing subcontractor orders
- Monitoring the programme and quality through to closing the project’s final account
- Review and utilise JCT contracts
- Oversee the Site Managers
- Working on up to 5 projects at a time
- Reporting to the Directors to keep them updated with the project process and performance
- Production of Health and Safety files, RAMS and other
- Ensure site welfare meets current HSE guidelines
To be considered for the Contracts Manager role you must have:
- Previous experience in a Project Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor or Project Management role.
- Experience within the Heath, Education, Leisure or Blue Light sectors.
- Someone who can hit the ground running and lead from the front straight away
- Be an excellent communicator with a good understanding of how to develop positive relationships with your team holders
As a Contracts Manager you’ll be required to work Monday to Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm. However, these hours are flexible.
Our client is offering the successful Contracts Manager:
- Salary up to £75,000 depending on level of experience within this industry (this applies for the right applicant who has at least 5 years experience within the public sector)
- Fuel and travel expense allowance
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Contribution towards a gym or club membership
- Flexible working hours
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.