Our client in the public sector is currently recruiting for a Contracts Officer to join their busy procurement team.
The right candidate will have three years’ experience working in procurement, having managed a large and varied caseload or have level 3 CIPS qualification in procurement. To be successful in this role you will have knowledge working to the public procurement regulations and will have worked with a range of stakeholders and suppliers.
Key duties will include:
- Undertake higher value (over £10k) procurement exercises.
- Analyse procurement spend and contracts to find saving solutions.
- Develop a plan for each procurement exercise
- Prepare contractual information including specifications and terms and conditions
- Negotiate effectively and efficiently with suppliers.
- Analyse tenders received and complete a report making a recommendation for approval
To be considered for the role of Contracts Officer you must have the following:
- Have three years’ experience working in a Procurement environment
- Good knowledge of Public Procurement processes
- Procurement qualification at Level 3
- Prepared to study for Level 3 qualification in Procurement
- Experience of working within local or central government
- The fantastic opportunity comes with an attractive salary between £29,577 - £32,234 DOE.
- Home / Office working available
- 37 Hours a week - Flexible working hours
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.