Our client, a design and construction company near Aberdeen is currently recruiting for an experienced Estimator to join their growing team. Established over 30 years, they have an excellent reputation for delivering a diverse range of construction projects throughout the UK. They specialise in the public, commercial and transport sector, constructing many multi-million pound projects.
As an Estimator your role will involve:
- Provide estimating expertise and leadership to compile a compliant tender bid
- Engaging new and existing supply chain members, and ensure you establish the best market quotations
- Diligently maintaining good progress to meet tender deadlines
- Establish whether the tender requires a bill of quantities or a take-off and organise appointing a PQS to carry this out
- To review subcontractor quotations and implement analysis of each trade showing the best price, as well as highlighting contractor qualifications and liaising with subcontractors
- Ensure the appropriate labour only/sub-contractors are selected for the tender process and review and agree with the Operations Director
- Assist in securing opportunities for non-traditional business such as negotiated contracts, design & build, partnering and frameworks
- To review Barbour ABI and others to identify new future tender opportunities and review other tender enquiries from Main Contractors to establish if you can price directly
To be considered for the Estimator role you must have:
- Previous experience as a qualified Estimator within the Construction industry
- Experience within the public or transport sector would be beneficial
- Excellent maths skills
- Proficient in the necessary IT skills
- BTEC/HNC or HND qualification
- Full Time
- Monday – Friday
Our client is offering the successful Estimator:
- Salary depending on the level of experience
- Company incentives
- Progression opportunities
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd which is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.