An exciting opportunity for an experienced IFA Paraplanner to be part of the paraplanning team in an established and successful Independent Financial Planning firm based in Hertfordshire. They have a career opportunity for a self-motivated and commercially minded Paraplanner with a can-do attitude. The role is to provide administrative and highly technical support to advisers and senior managers, to provide the client with a positive professional experience.
The role is to support the Adviser in bringing a case together by producing Suitability Reports, undertaking all necessary research, dealing with complex technical queries, and ensuring that cases are fully compliant. Keeping clients’ needs and delivering outcomes as per Adviser instructions. The paraplanner will work within a team to deliver excellent services to our clients. You should be Level 4 diploma qualified as a minimum and have relevant experience within an IFA office. Experience using Defaqto, FE Analytics, Cashcalc, Selecta Pension and other research tools is a must as is understanding various provider platforms.
The IFA Paraplanner duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Support Team Manager where necessary
- Delegate tasks where necessary
- Coach, train, and mentor junior staff, including new recruits
- Identify areas for improvement and assist in the design process
- Follow compliance process
- Embed change, review, and feedback
- Ensure tasks are managed via intelligent office
- Ensure the process is followed, coach junior team members where necessary
- Provide Paraplanning support to an adviser(s) as allocated
- Keep up to date with legislative and industry changes that will affect the business and its clients
To be considered for the role of IFA Paraplanner, you must have the following attributes:
- GCSE English & Maths grade C or above
- Level 4 would be preferable but will be happy if you are undertaking this.
- Word & Excel intermediary
- Experienced paraplanner with 2-5 years’ experience within an IFA or financial services setting
- Ability to plan and organise new or familiar tasks and to use a problem-solving approach to respond appropriately to a wide range of enquiries
- Use of standard applications to process, obtain and combine information – Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, and database
- Interpret, use, and evaluate numerical and graphical data
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good understanding of compliance standards
- Ability to undertake research and assist in the reviewing of new policies
- Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
In return, our clients are offering the following to the successful IFA Paraplanner:
- Basic Salary - £38,000 - £46,000
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays, additional holidays can be bought
- Life Cover 3 x Salary
- Work from home a few days a week.
- Financial Support for training & Qualifications
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.