Our clients based in Lancaster, are seeking a talented IT support professional to develop their career in an award-winning IT Team. Starting as an IT Support Engineer on the service desk, you will be responsible for maintaining the IT helpdesk and day to day administration of several systems.
Our clients are seeking someone with good hardware, networking, and operating system troubleshooting skills. You must be technically minded, meticulous, friendly and have an understanding of the nature of a support role. Also, you must have attention to detail and a strong desire to learn and improve.
The role involves travel occasional around the North West, so you must have your own car.
Duties included in the role of an IT Engineer:
- Day-to-day telephone-based helpdesk operations
- 1st & 2nd line fault diagnostics.
- Dealing with 3rd party suppliers and owning technical escalations.
- Escalation of faults to the internal 2nd and 3rd line engineering team.
- All levels of Moves, Adds and Changes
- Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Active Directory and Networking (At least 1 year)
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Service desk experience with a technical background and troubleshooting skills. (At least 1 year)
- Windows server and VoIP phone management are highly desirable.
The successful candidate must be:
- Engaging with customers and building strong relationships.
- Self-motivated and able to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Keen to learn new technologies.
- Ambitious and keen to progress in the communications industry.
- Monday to Friday 9 -5.00 and alternate weekend support
- Basic: £20,000 - £24,000 DOE
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.