Our clients are established property professionals covering the North East are seeking an experienced Maintenance manager based in their Middlesbrough office.
They offer a fully client-based serviced approach to investing in properties. We acquire properties from the open market, renovate them to a set standard, pass them onto their lettings department for maintenance and management and then re-sell the properties to investors, whilst retaining full management of the property.
They are looking to recruit an experienced Maintenance Manager to head up the department, that manages privately owned properties in the surrounding areas. You must have a proven track record of looking after a portfolio of residential properties and also have the responsibility of looking after the trade and office staff.
Main Responsibilities of a Maintenance Manager:
- Checklists and Work Allocation Lists are Planned and Completed for any properties under renovation
- Ensuring property works lists are completed in accordance with company standards and smooth handover process
- Budgeting and Planning for property works
- Pre-Renovation Planning and Property Inspections are done according to standards
- Ensuring compliance and health and safety procedures are followed
- Management and tracking of Building Operations Stock
- Overseeing Building Operations and Maintenance Manuals
- Ensuring key targets, budgets and timescales are adhered to
- Ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to
- Working closely with our Lettings department ensuring that all compliance is followed through (gas, electric, EPC)
- Coaching, developing and managing staff
Requirements of a maintenance manager:
- Communication skills – be able to work with a diverse range of people professionally and communicate verbally and in writing to an excellent standard.
- Organisational skills – be able to manage multiple projects, track projects and deliver results in a timely manner
- Experience in property/maintenance management (minimum 5 years)
- Experience in house renovations and dealing with contractors for maintenance
- IT skills, confident and efficient in using basic software such as Microsoft packages without any support.
- Experience in managing successful teams, with an eye for quality
- Ensure property budgets are adhered to
- Computer literate and able to use excel and word
- Basic £30,000 - £32,000 DOE
- Company benefits
- Car allowance
- Monday to Friday 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.