Our clients, a Design and Consultancy company in Matlock, are recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join their team. You will manage the design and specification of mechanical building services, compliance and quality of installations. Liaising with clients and developing the relevant aspects of client briefs, you will work collaboratively with other professionals within the Practice and also with Contractors/Suppliers.
As a Mechanical Engineer your role will involve:
- Design of heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems for both new and existing buildings
- Production of design calculations, schematics and detailed specifications and drawings using industry standard design software and specification methods
- Producing industry standard tender packages, undertaking analysis of tenders, monitoring and management of cost, quality and timescales
- Actively seek to progress projects working through concept to completion
- Undertake site surveys, site visits and associated inspections according to standard project/industry procedures or as the project requires
- Ensuring Asset Information requirements and/or MIDP requirements set out in the Employers Information
To be considered for the Mechanical Engineer role you must have:
- You will hold at least five years’ experience working in consultancy practice or for a large contractor in a design capacity
- Up to date knowledge of relevant Building Regulations and standards for electrical installations
- HNC/HND in a relevant discipline
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Monday – Friday
- 37.5 hours a week
- My client offers flexible working hours, based on the Managers discretion.
Our client is offering the successful Mechanical Engineer:
- Annual performance related pay reviews and discretionary quarterly bonus
- Subsidised travel: including rail travel and cycle to work scheme
- Annual performance related pay reviews and discretionary quarterly bonus.
- Generous leave entitlement
- Medical scheme.
- Employee social events: including quiz nights, bingo, annual Summer and Christmas parties.
- Free on site parking
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including wellbeing days
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.