Are you an experienced Planning Consultant looking to work from home? Our clients, a well-established consultancy practice based in York, are looking to appoint a motivated and experienced candidate, who is working towards chartered status with RTPI. You must hold an accredited degree in Town Planning or a related subject and have experience in private and public sector planning.
As a Planning Consultant your role will involve:
- Looking after an existing and secure stream of planning work for housing development and renewable energy schemes provided by their joint venture partners, and continued growth of their private client base
- Working on a variety of projects for private sector clients across England and Wales
- You will be involved in and lead a diverse range and scale of projects but primarily be responsible for projects from the stream of large scale residential and renewable energy planning.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team of Chartered Architects, Landscape Architects, Urban Designers and Engineers to find holistic solutions for challenging commissions.
To be considered for the Planning Consultant role you must have:
- 2 years experience in this role
- A proven track record managing caseloads for different types of planning applications ideally with an emphasis on the residential and/or renewable energy sectors;
- The ability to prepare and present high-quality planning reports
- Experience in writing appeal statements and the appeal process;
- Proficiency in responding to general and client planning enquiries, producing tender documents and negotiating with statutory consultees.
- Monday to Friday 9 am – 5 pm
- Working from home basis.
- You will be required to attend a weekly meeting at their offices in York every Monday.
- My client will consider applications on a nationwide basis due to the remote working of this role.
Our client is offering the successful Planning Consultant:
- £30,000 basic
- Company laptop
- Company mobile
- The use of a company pool car for site visits
- 30 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays with an additional day credited for every year of service up to five years)
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.