Are you an experienced Principal Planning Consultant looking to work from home? Our clients, a well-established consultancy practice based in York, are looking to appoint a motivated and experienced RTPI experienced candidate, to join their growing team on a remote basis.
As a Principal Planning Consultant your role will involve:
- Leading a diverse range of projects incorporating large-scale residential and renewable energy projects to include site reviews, planning applications and appeals.
- Working on a variety of projects for private sector clients across England and Wales
- Developing the client base and enhancing company reputation
- Continue to grow the private client base
- Put your own stamp on projects, nurture client relationships, and assist with managing and coaching planners, whilst handling your own caseload from inception to completion.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team of Chartered Architects, Landscape Architects, Urban Designers and Engineers to find holistic solutions for challenging commissions.
To be considered for the Principal Planning Consultant role you must have:
- 8 years experience in this role
- Chartered RTPI professional with an accredited degree in Town Planning or a related subject
- Experience in the private or public sector, including Environment Impact Assessment
- The ability to prepare and present high-quality planning reports
- Experience in writing appeal statements and attending Hearings and/or Inquiries;
- Mentoring and motivational skills required to develop junior planners in their careers;
- Proficiency in responding to general and client planning enquiries, producing tender documents and negotiating with statutory consultees.
As a Principal Planning Consultant you’ll be required to work Monday to Friday 9 am – 5 pm full time, on working from home basis. You will be required to attend a weekly meeting at their offices in York every Monday. My client will consider applications on a nationwide basis due to the remote working of this role.
Our client is offering the successful Principal Planning Consultant:
- £45,000 basic
- Company laptop
- Company mobile
- The use of a company pool car for site visits
- 30 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays with an additional day credited for every year of service up to five years)
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.