Our client, a busy and evolving Design and Property Consultancy is recruiting for a Principal Structural Engineer to join their team in Matlock.
As a Principal Structural Engineer your role will involve:
- Lead a team of Structural and Civil Engineers, supporting the business, team and colleagues to achieve maximum potential
- Manage the team effectively with adherence to commercial performance and resource management via productivity and time methods
- Support the Associates and Directors, linking effectively and proactively with other teams within the team
- Work proactively and flexibly to support delivery across the service with commercial and solution focus
- Take ownership for your own personal development
- Be an authority on Structural Engineering matters in the team and the business
- Support the professional development of team members
- Create and check engineering drawings using CAD packages and sketches for drafting
- Assessing the environmental impact and risks connected to design decisions
- Assessing the Health and Safety impact and risks connected to design decisions
- Managing, directing and monitoring progress during each phase of a project
- Monitoring and inspecting work that is undertaken by contractors
To be considered for the Principal Structural Engineer role you must have:
- Strong Engineering experience (minimum of five years)
- The relevant degree or proven experience in Structural Engineering
- Professionally chartered with I Struct E
- Knowledge of civil engineering
- Team Management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
As a Principal Structural Engineer, you’ll be required to work full-time Monday to Friday with a flexible working structure based on the Manager’s discretion.
Our client is offering the successful Principal Structural Engineer
- £55,000 basic
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Bonus scheme
- Discounted train travel
- Free parking
- Pension scheme
- Medical insurance
- Team building events and regular summer and Christmas events
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.