My client, a well known and respected Construction business, are looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager to join their team around Cambridgeshire.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for helping to keep projects on a realistic timescale and budget. This involves selecting and leading a project team and ensuring you are aware of all details so you can keep a client up to date.
Duties included in the role of a Project Manager:
- Understanding what the client or company wants to achieve
- Agreeing timescales, costs and resources needed to deliver a project
- Drawing up a detailed plan for how to achieve each stage of a project
- Selecting and leading a project team
- Negotiating with contractors and suppliers
- Directing a multi-disciplinary team
- Communicating with staff at every level, in a calm, personable way
- Overseeing several projects at the same time
- Ensuring that each stage of the project happens on time, on budget and to a high standard
- Reporting regularly on progress to the client and stakeholders
- Coordinating market and customer research
- Resolving any issues or delays
- Demonstrating knowledge of all areas of construction
- Managing several projects simultaneously with the support of junior project managers
- Working in an office or on a construction site.
Qualifications required for the role of a Project Manager:
- Ideally, degree qualified or a technically qualified and time served tradesperson with the relevant trade registrations
- Excellent English both written and spoken
- Computer literate
- Experience in planning using ASTA
- Maths knowledge
- Full time
- Monday – Friday
- This is a permanent role
- Depending on experience with excellent benefits.
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.