An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Property Compliance & HMO Manager to join my clients’ thriving and growing Independent Property Management company based in Edinburgh.
The role would suit a highly organised individual with experience in both people and property management with a talent for identifying and resolving issues. The successful candidate shall be someone that has been a Property Manager before, however, is looking at moving away from managing a day-to-day portfolios.
Responsibilities included in the role of a Property Compliance & HMO Manager:
- Ensuring all properties under management comply with safety regulations by monitoring/auditing safety certificate expiry dates and assisting the Property Management team to ensure deadlines are met.
- Administration of HMO properties under management to ensure compliance in terms of expiry dates and certificates.
- Applying for HMO licenses and overseeing process until license is received.
- Visiting properties to look at better ways for compliance where required.
- Health and Safety and office compliance including regulations and risk assessments through RBS Mentor.
- Working with the Operations Director to assist with processes, systems, and procedures.
- Communicating and coordinating with Property Management Team regarding end of tenancy dates and invoices and acting accordingly.
- Standardising processes and procedures to ensure consistency throughout the team.
- Managing and advising on dates and procedures.
- Gaining feedback to ensuring quality and improvement of service.
Requirements for the role of a Property Compliance & HMO Manager:
- Experience in Property Management is essential for this role.
- Good level of education and qualifications and/or equivalent experience in a property management role.
- Excellent PC skills, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Full driving license essential.
- An honest individual with high levels of personal integrity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to apply the strictest attention to detail and accuracy.
- Client focused, professional with the requisite skills to establish and maintain relationships.
- Basic £26,000 - £30,000 DOE & qualifications i.e., ARLA/LETWELL/SafeAgent)
- Annual membership renewals covered by company.
- Pension Scheme after 3 months (contributions matched by the company up to 5%).
- Company Health Insurance after 6 months (choice of 2 options WPA/Westfield Health) up to 5% of salary.
- Opportunity to participate in Profit Share Scheme after 12 months.
- 28 days paid holiday including all public holidays (plus 3 additional personal days per year, due to busy periods)
- Monday to Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM or 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- You will also be required to work one Saturday of each month, from 8.30am to 1.30pm
- Remote working available
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.