An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Property Manager to join my clients’ thriving and growing Independent Estate Agency based in Edinburgh. They’re looking for a self-motivated, ambitious professional to manage their existing portfolio of residential properties.
The successful individual will be responsible for managing and growing a portfolio of properties by focussing on the people that you deal with on a daily basis. Build relationships based on mutual respect, honesty and trust and the property management will pretty much look after itself.
As a Property Manager your role will include:
- Building and maintaining ongoing client relationships
- Preparing and marketing property available to rent
- Scheduling/completing viewing appointments
- Identifying suitable prospective tenants
- Referencing tenants who apply to rent
- Ensuring all safety certificates are valid and in date
- Drawing up tenancy agreements and other legal notices
- Creating pre-tenancy inventory and condition reports
- Lodging the tenants deposit
- Conducting mid-term property inspections
- Managing repairs and maintenance issues
- Handling landlord insurance claims
- Monitoring monthly rent payments and dealing with arrears
- Dealing with HMO applications and renewals
- Handling end of tenancy notices and the move out process
- Conducting end of tenancy checks and managing the deposit return
- Prepare property for re-let or hand back to client
- Conducting valuation/listing appointments with prospective new landlord clients
To be considered for the Property Manager role you must have:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Property Management
- ARLA or LETWELL Qualified (or be willing to be put through qualification)
- Deliver customer service at the highest level
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Well-presented and a great team player
- Knowledge and experience in events management
- Capable of organising large volumes of work for self and others with detailed procedures
- Able to multi-task, work to tight deadlines and produce high quality work under pressure.
- Confident to make decisions, and when to seek further clarification
- Proficient organisational and planning skills
- Professional, driven team worker who takes ownership for portfolio.
- Able to innovate and identify improvements to the service offered
- Essential skill set level of MS Office Applications – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Clean UK driving licence
- As a Property Manager, you’ll be required to work 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday to Friday.
Our client is offering the successful Property Manager:
- £24,000 - £26,500 (Based on Experience & qualifications), plus monthly commission opportunities, and other company benefits and progression opportunities.
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.