Our clients a well respected Estate Agency are currently seeking a Property Manager to join their close-knit team in Colchester.
Ideally, our client is seeking an applicant with a Property Management background however, will be open to an applicant that has relatable experience.
As a Property Manager your role will involve:
- Manage the property portfolio in order to maximise office income including the retention of properties and clients, and dealing with all property maintenance issues.
- Liaise with Landlords and negotiate with contractors for works to be carried out on properties.
- Arrange inventories, gas safety certificates, EPC and all other legal documentation to ensure that all managed properties comply with current legislation.
- Manage all tenancy renewals and secure renewal fees from Landlords
- Deal with complaints from Landlords and Tenants.
- Deal with general maintenance issues promptly in relation to the existing managed portfolio.
- Monitor contractors’ performance and approve invoices received for onward payment by the accounts department.
- Arrange repairs in order of priority and in accordance with our client's terms of business and ensure strong and prompt communication with landlords is maintained.
- Monitor the progress of all maintenance issues, up to the point of payment of the suppliers’ invoice to ensure all works have been satisfactorily completed.
To be considered for the Property Manager role you must have:
- High level of problem-solving skills
- Property Management experience is beneficial however not essential
- Driving license and access to own vehicle
- Strong complaint handling skills
- Self-motivation with a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Extremely well organised and able to prioritise your own workload
- Professional, positive, diligent and diplomatic
- Monday to Friday.
- You may be required to work on a Saturday on a rare basis.
Our client is offering the successful Property Manager:
- Basic Salary of up to £25,000
- Performance-based commission
- Free on-site parking
- Ongoing training and support
- Fuel cost is covered between each inspection you conduct
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd, acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.