Our clients, a Design and Consultancy company based in Ipswich, are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
As a Quantity Surveyor your role will involve:
- Reporting Arrangements and Main Contacts
- Preparing feasibility studies, preliminary estimates, cost plans, data bases, tender and other analysis and provide advice on the economics of design at the early stages of a project. Provide advice on and use of whole life costing techniques.
- To prepare high quality tender documentation including Bills of Quantities, Schedule of Works and Contract Sum Analysis using computer techniques. Undertake pricing documentation before tender period as and when required. Negotiating contract sums as necessary.
- Utilise industry software and guidance information such as BCIS and cost publications.
- Examination and analysis of tenders, prepare cost breakdowns and initial cost profile. Negotiate contract sums as necessary.
- To control all post contract procedures, make valuations for payments, producing financial reports and monitoring actual and anticipated expenditure against profile. Assisting Contract Administrators and the like in the preparation of AI’s, evaluation of claims for extensions of time, etc.
- To prepare final accounts and agree with contractor including verifying claims, dealing with audit procedures.
- Project manage the running of schemes, plan, set objectives, provide direction, programme, monitor, control and advise on related matters including issue progress reports and in post contract reviews.
- Undertake project management techniques to satisfy planning, interface with designers, agencies and all stakeholders, implement and maintain quality control requirements, financial management and project reporting requirements.
- Advise on contractual procedures and financial regulations.
- Apply and report on the principles of risk management.
- Ensure that customer requirements are identified and agreed with the client. Collect all feedback information and monitor, particularly in conjunction with the SLA and client requirements.
- To ensure/contribute/lead on the delivery of quality assured, client focused products and services to meet the agreed requirements of the customer.
- To contribute to the operation and development of the Business Management System to ensure the continuous improvement of quality assured services/products for clients.
- Carrying out professional research projects. Assisting in the investigation, reporting and recommending the implementation of new procedures and techniques. Taking responsibility for the delivery of an initiative, commission or groups of commissions.
To be considered for the Quantity Surveyor role you must have:
- A relevant degree or proven experience in Quantity Surveying
- A clear understanding and experience of Cost Value Reporting
- Experience managing Contractors works and packages
- Cost interrogation experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Effective communication skills across a range of contacts
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
As a Quantity Surveyor you’ll be required to work Full Time
Our client is offering the successful Quantity Surveyor:
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.