My clients are an established and forward-thinking accountancy practice offering a refreshing approach to client accounts in the heart of Norwich City Centre. The company have been running for over 10 years and have seen significant growth in terms of the client base and the loyal team. They aim to provide an affordable yet high-quality accountancy service for small businesses and individuals.
They are now looking for a Senior Accountant to come on board due to high levels of business and fantastic growth plans in the future.
Responsibilities included in the role of a Senior Accountant:
- Management of a portfolio of clients nurturing long term relationships
- Prepare and review financial statements, management accounts and cash flow forecasts
- Prepare tax computations and tax returns
- Prepare and review VAT returns
- Assisting clients and staff with cloud software packages
- Businesses partnering with business owners, assisting with recommendations they can be held accountable to.
- Liaising and meeting with clients, responding to and resolving queries in a timely manner.
- Reviewing work produced by more junior members of the team.
- Provide training, support, and feedback to more junior members of the team.
- Data review, analysis, and reporting.
- Identify cross-selling, up-selling & referral opportunities to ensure clients receive relevant, timely advice to help achieve their goals while ensuring growth for the practice.
Requirements for the role of a Senior Accountant:
- 2 + years Management Accountant/Senior Accountant experience
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified
- Comprehensive knowledge of cash flow management and forecasting
- Ability to provide financial management advice to the board of directors
- Expert knowledge of MS Office
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Able to deliver without direct supervision
- Confident communicator with the ability to Cost management
- Delivering day to day financial disciplines
- Investigating anomalies/resolving problems
- Implementation of electronic expense system explain complex financial information in a logical and clear way
- Demonstrable experience of working under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for finance and its best practices
In return, our client if offering the successful Senior Accountant the following:
- Basic £35,000 - £50,000
- OTE £60,000 - £80,000
- Opportunity to earn bonuses off lots of referrals.
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.