Our clients, a well-established and successful Property Consultancy business, are looking to recruit a Senior Building Surveyor to join their team in the Ipswich area.
As a Senior Building Surveyor, your role will involve:
- Ensuring projects are completed on budget and on schedule. Proactively take ownership of projects and drive them forwards to completion
- Prepare scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works
- Conduct specialist surveys including schedules of dilapidations
- Determine the condition of existing buildings, identifying and analysing defects, including proposals for repair
- Lead project meetings with clients and contractors
- Prepare for tender and advise on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes
- Advice on the health and safety aspects of buildings
- Ability to lead a project from the initial brief through all stages to completion
- Deal with planning applications and advising on property legislation and building regulations
- Contribute to the improvement of standard systems and procedures within the Building Surveying team
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of scheme designs, costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works
To be considered for the Senior Building Surveyor role you must have the following:
- Degree in Building Surveying (or suitable experience)
- Chartership with MRICS or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
- Minimum of 5 years Building Surveying experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in design, specification and contract administration using JCT contracts
- Comprehensive knowledge of building construction and building regulations with an understanding of planning legislation and health and safety
- Microsoft Office proficient
- ArchiCAD/CAD proficient or working towards proficiency
- Full UK Driving Licence
As a Senior Building Surveyor, you’ll be required to work Monday – Friday, including flexible start times and an option to work on a 70/30 split working from the office and from home.
Our client is offering the successful Senior Building Surveyor:
- Basic salary of circa £46,000
- Car Allowance
- Opportunities to progress in a forward-thinking and expanding company
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.