Are you an experinced Paraplanner who would like to opportunity to work on a hybrid basis?
We are currently looking for a Senior Paraplanner to join our clients, a boutique independent wealth planner in the London area.
As an independent, they are able to provide objective advice that is aligned with a client’s best interests, delivered by teams steeped in financial services knowledge and experience. They believe in integrity and trust because doing what is right for their clients is best for their business. And wish for an individual who joins their team to be of the same mindset!
This is a fantastic client-facing opportunity to support a busy and successful team, assisting in delivering an outstanding holistic financial planning service to new and existing HNW clients. Their clients typically have complex planning needs so the role requires an individual who can deliver the exceptional quality service that clients have come to expect.
- As a Senior Paraplanner, you’ll be required to work Monday – Friday 9 am to 5:30 pm.
- This will be a Hybrid role with the chance to work from the London office and from home.
The successful Senior Paraplanner will be offered:
- £55,000 - £65,000 Basic
- Attractive Benefits package
- Bonus Scheme
- Progression opportunities
To be considered for the Senior Paraplanner role you must have:
- Have 5+ years experience within the independent sector of the financial services industry in a paraplanning role involving direct contact with sophisticated HNW clients
- Hold Chartered Financial Planner status with the CII
- Understand the principles of asset allocation and portfolio construction
- Have excellent knowledge of investment, life and pensions products and current legislation
- Have a broad knowledge of esoteric products, including VCT and EIS investments and structured products
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Income Tax, CGT, IHT, Trusts and both DC and DB pension transfers
- Understand the importance and benefits of lifetime cashflow modelling, ideally with experience of Voyant as a cashflow modelling tool
- Previous experience using Intelliflo will be an advantage
As a Senior Paraplanner, your role will involve:
- Preparing for and attending client meetings, taking detailed written notes and following up on any technical points after the meeting.
- Gathering and analysing comprehensive, detailed information from clients, their professional advisers and others.
- Producing comprehensive and clear suitability letters for clients.
- Preparing lifetime cashflow models relevant to each client’s circumstances, objectives and possible financial outcomes.
- Constructing and producing a financial plan to address each client’s lifetime objectives in the context of these cashflow models, generally comprising (but not limited to) contingency planning, legacy/succession planning, asset allocation/wealth management and tax planning.
- Carrying out regular reviews of clients’ financial plans, circumstances, and objectives.
- Engaging with intelligent, demanding clients (many of whom are investment professionals themselves) consistent with developing and maintaining outstanding, long-term relationships.
- Being willing and able to work to pressing deadlines, sometimes involving a level of time commitment beyond standard working hours.
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd which is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.