My clients, a multi-discipline Property Company are currently looking for a Trainee Block Manager to join their team based in Mayfair.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to be an integral part of a growing company and successful team.
Trainee Block Manager duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Developing effective working relationships with Block Directors, Residents/Leaseholders, Landlords/Tenants, Contractors and others through phone, email & face to face liaison
- Carrying out property inspections ensuring Health Safety and compliance are maintained
- Resolving block-related issues by undertaking both proactive and reactive maintenance tasks
- Attending meetings and drafting minutes for approval
- Preparing Annual Service Charge Budgets, monitoring and managing these and producing timely Year End Accounts
- Sourcing Contractors to undertake both ongoing and one-off maintenance works as well as emergency repairs and monitoring and managing their work
- Drafting and serving Section 20 notices and subsequently tendering and managing Major Works projects linked to block maintenance and improvement
- Dealing with enquiries and analysing leases to answer enquiries and ensure that lease compliance is maintained
- Supporting any on-site and off-site Caretaking staff
- Responding to pre-assignment enquiries and sending out appropriate packs/information
- Providing accurate, meaningful and effective information to all parties promptly
To be considered for the role of Trainee Block Manager you must have the following:
- Ideally, a recognised professional qualification relevant to the property sector, or a willingness to undertake this
- A commitment to providing high levels of client care whilst also oriented to profitability
- Highly effective and accurate written and verbal communication skills
- Negotiation, report writing and presentation skills, as you will be liaising with a wide range of individuals and organisations
- An extremely well-organised approach with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise and multitask, as well as deal with new issues as they occur
- A self-motivated, can-do attitude and the ability to work accurately, calmly and productively under pressure to meet deadlines
- A reliable, resourceful, resilient approach that is practical and solution-focused
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Strong numeracy skills coupled with business acumen as you will be managing budgets, reviewing quotes, organising Year End accounts etc
- Excellent IT skills as you will be using Microsoft Office packages i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel as well as bespoke Property Management software packages QUBE and Fixflo.
- 09:00 am– 5.30 pm Monday to Friday
- Occasional evenings
Our clients are offering the following to the successful Property Manager:
- Competitive salary of up to £25,000 per annum
- Hybrid working, a combination of home working and office-based
- Travel allowance for off-site visits
- Laptop and Mobile Phone
- Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Commitment to staff training and development and CPD
- A real chance for progression and increased responsibility
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd, acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.