York, North Yorkshire
about 1 month ago
Our client, an established planning consultancy based in York are looking to appoint a motivated and experienced RTPI Chartered Associate Planner to work on an exciting variety of projects for private sector clients across England and Wales.
As an Associate Planner you will play a key role in developing the company's client base and enhancing company reputation. You will be responsible for working proactively and at your own initiative on a range of planning applications and planning appeals with an emphasis on large-scale residential and renewable energy projects including site reviews, planning applications and appeals.
This post offers the opportunity to manage your own team and play a fundamental role in shaping an expanding business. Autonomy is a given and you will put your own stamp on projects, develop new revenue streams and streamline working practices within your team.
To be considered for the role of Associate Planner:
Our client, is looking for someone to nurture client relationships, develop new business, assist with managing and coaching junior planners whilst handling your own caseload from inception to completion.
A suitable individual would be able to demonstrate:
- 10 Years plus relevant experience (significant experience in private sector planning including Environmental Impact Assessment)
- Chartered RTPI professional with an accredited degree in Town Planning or related subject
- A proven track record managing caseloads for different types of planning applications with an emphasis on the large scale residential and renewables sector
- The ability to prepare and present high quality planning reports
- Experience of writing appeal statements, attending Hearings and appearing as an expert witness at Public Inquiries
- Mentoring and motivational skills required to develop junior planners in their careers
- Proficiency in responding to general and client planning enquiries, producing tender documents and negotiating with statutory consultees
- This is a full-time, permanent position with salary negotiable dependent on experience
- 30 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays with an additional day credited for every year of service up to five years.
- Flexible working practices arranged around core hours and home working
If you are an enthusiastic, motivated and proactive planner that can deliver positive outcomes for a variety of development proposals then we are keen to hear from you!
GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.