£18,000 - £20,000
4 days ago
My clients, an independent leading Estate Agency are currently looking for a Block Property Manager to join their vibrant, busy team in Norwich.
- Working as part of a customer contact centre, dealing with phone calls and email enquiries in responding to freeholders, leaseholders, tenants and contractors in dealing with day to day management enquiries as the managing agent of the site.
- Managing contractors and tradesman with the ability to organise works and ensure that they are completed on schedule and to an agreed budget. Assist with the organisation of minor and major site works alongside Property Managers with site portfolios
- To support the maintenance schedules for the building recognising opportunities for section 20 managed works to be completed and through service charge planning.
- Awareness of health and safety requirements in managing the portfolio and actions established in ensuring legal compliance.
- To understand each block/unit lease, establishing the structures in place to manage the building, the responsibilities of the leaseholders, the responsibilities of the freeholders and our responsibility as managing agent; with the ability to communicate and discuss this with residents and owners; being able to foresee likely issues arising from individual leases and to communicate this when requested.
- To understand and apply buildings insurances and resolution of claims.
- To ensure awareness of any claims, and ensure claims are dealt with in a timely manner.
- To establish regular communication with directors/residents and ensure our visibility and an on-site presence through the Property Managers also supported by our Client Finance and Legal & Compliance Team.
- To demonstrate and apply an understanding of all the agreements in place including legislation and codes of practice. To keep up-to-date with best practice, Landlord and Tenant Acts 1985 and 1987, particularly S20 and L&T 1985, the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002, and documents from ARMA, IRPM, IOH, RICS.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a block management role or an equivalent industry.
- Knowledge of property legislation relating to leasehold property desirable.
- Industry recognised qualifications such as IRPM, RICS are advantageous.
- The jobholder will need to be able to work under their own initiative and be self-motivated to meet challenging targets. They will need to be skilled in producing communications and updating and interpreting databases.
- Good interpersonal skills and strong mental resilience is essential as this role requires challenging communications with customers under pressurised situations, which requires a calm and confident approach to each given situation.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30 pm
Salary: Basic £18,000 - £20,000 per annum DOE with 25 x days Holiday