£50000 - £65000 per annum + Fuel/ Expenses Card
4 months ago
My clients a Commercial RICS Regulated Chartered Surveying Practice offering a full range of Building Consultancy and Project Management services throughout the U.K, are looking for a new Building Surveyor to join their busy team based in Norwich.
As a Building Surveyor you will provide professional advice on property and construction. To complete detailed reports, specifications and building surveys; identify defects and advise on repair, maintenance and restoration/remedial options. Projects include Hospitals, Local Authority Properties, Social housing and Listed Buildings.
Liaise with clients, construction companies and any other relevant persons and attend and chair meetings and represent the company, relationship building with clients.
- Ensure projects are completed on budget and to schedule
- Advise clients on schemes and projects and determine requirements
- Prepare scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works
- Organise documents for tender and advise on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes
- Determine the condition of existing buildings, identify and analyse defects, including proposals for repair, (Defect analysis)
- Advise on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings
- Deal and advise on property legislation and building regulations
- Carry out feasibility studies
- Advise on the health and safety aspects of buildings
- Project management
- A knowledge of Fire risk assessments (desirable)
- IT skills and be analytically minded.
- Preferably RICS qualified
- A degree in building surveying or equivalent combined with technical knowledge.
- Minimum of 7 years post graduate experience
In return my client can offer:
- Salary £50,000- £65,000 DOE
- Fuel/Expenses Card
- travel expenses.
- Mobile Phone
- Laptop and IT Equipment
GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.