Rhondda Cynon Taff, Wales
Up to £32000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Due to expansion our client now has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Building Surveyor to cover the county of Rhondda Cynon Taff.
Our client is one of the largest housing associations in Wales and makes a real difference to the quality of peoples lives. They provide over 10,000 homes and a range of services to the local communities and families.
As a Building Surveyor for our client you'll be delivering a high-quality internal surveying service to a standard expected of a Chartered Surveyor. All surveyors are expected to members of a professional body and adhere to performance levels set out by the company and governing body.
You'll be expected to carry out high quality Building Surveys and undertake a supervisory Clerk of Works role as defined by the NEC contract. You will also manage internal and external contracts and ensure that works are carried out in line with the quality defined by the Works Information.
The role will also involve;
- Producing detailed designs and specifications using appropriate design software where applicable.
- Produce budget costings for approved designs
- Expert in pathology, being suitably qualified to undertake specialised surveys in the areas of structural failure, analysis of damp, timber defects, drainage and fire risk.
- Provide advice and guidance on fire safety. To facilitate this each surveyor will hold a suitable qualification that is accredited by the Institute of Fire Safety Managers.
- Provide technical and contract surveying support to Homes & Neighbourhoods staff and contract managers, including first response for on site health and safety incidents, liaison with tenants/residents on all technical matters relating to the works being carried out in their homes.
The successful Building Surveyor will have;
- A professional surveying qualification or working towards one.
- Production of technical reports on defect, designs, the progress of contracts, property condition reports and measured surveys.
- Knowledge of building regulations, CDM 2015.
- Hold an accredited qualification is fire risk assessments - Desirable.
- Demonstrable experience within the construction sector and all aspects of surveying
- Confidence and a proven track record for producing technical reports on property condition and progress of contracts
- A genuine customer-focused approach to your work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyse problems in order to identify solutions.
- Full Driving Licence with access to a vehicle
- IT and numeracy literate, ranging from bespoke industry software to MS office.
- Good networking skills and be able to liaise with internal and external customers, partners and organisation
- £32,000 Salary
- 30 Days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Health cash plan
- Local government pension scheme
- Recued leisure for Life Corporate Membership
- Flexible working
- Modern, fully accessible office with excellent transport links.
This role is a full time, permanent role consisting of 37 hours per week
GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.