£35000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
A new opporuntity has asrien for an experienced Building Surveyor / Project Manager with experience in the education sector to join my clients within their busy team in the Colchester area.
My clients are an RICS Regulated Chartered Surveying Practice offering a full range of Building Consultancy and Project Management services.
The successful Building Surveyor / Project Manager will be expected to provide an effective service to the practice's clients. Ensuring all duties assigned are completed as directed within set timescales. They will be able to assist the team and take responsibility for a range of multidisciplinary projects as PM or BS for projects mainly within the education sector. As well as, being able to deliver, design, develop, plan, co-ordinate, supervise and project manage building schemes.
The Building Surveyor / Project Manager duties will include;
- AUTOCAD drawing production.
- Ensuring expenditure is controlled and that schemes are completed within budget and on time.
- To regularly update the Building Surveying / Project Management senior associate team leader on progress and other matters associated with the delivery of projects within the team.
- To assist the Building Surveyor / Project Manager Director by overseeing the work being delivered by junior members of the team.
- To accept instructions from clients to provide services for their needs. A key requirement for this role is for the individual to be client facing and can think beyond the client's needs in a high-pressured environment.
- To assess tenders and make recommendations to client.
- To ensure professional competence through continual professional development.
- To assist in the appointment of other consultants, specialist contractors etc. when necessary.
- NBS specification writing
- Preparation of MS project programmes.
The successful Building Surveyor / Project Manager will have;
- Chartered Membership of the RICS (MRICS) or equivalent professional body. (Degree Level)
- Experience in project management and building surveying within the education sector.
- A drive to engage in career development and continuous professional development.
- Procurement and contract administration skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Autocad, Revit, Sketchup.
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle
In return, my client is offering a basic salary of between £35,000-£45,000 depending on experience. Plus additional benefits such as;
- Great office team building events and fully expenses Christmas celebration, along with opportunities to meet colleagues from across the Practice at a summer social event
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a supportive environment
- Competitive Company Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for flexible and remote working
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement with long service recognition and Christmas shutdown
- Early Finish incentives when the Practice targets are hit
GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.