Up to £40000 per annum + Car Allowance
about 1 month ago
Our clients, a firm of Chartered Surveyors incorporating both commercial and residential who are currently looking for a Chartered Building Surveyor to join their expanding team in Norfolk.
Our clients are regulated by The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and have a proven track record of providing the very best client care and the testament to this is the fact that a large percentage of their clients have been with us over many years. Every member of the team is encouraged to 'go the extra mile', by delivering more, adding value and exceeding the expectations of our clients.
- To manage a team, focused on the delivery of building services and property maintenance across our residential and commercial portfolio, tenanted properties and from customer referrals generated through our team of Chartered Surveyors.
- To generate fee paying income for the firm by undertaking a variety of professional work. Creating a cost of repair services, in providing an estimated price of rectifying any identified defects and sourcing contractors to meet client and customer needs.
- To manage major works and supporting compliance with regard to health and safety and CDM regulations.
- To identify and analyse defects within buildings, preparing tender documents on remedial projects and taking instructions and discussing fees with clients.
- To ensure contract administration on minor and major works, overseeing projects from commencement until completion, issuing relevant instructions, carrying out tender analysis and appointment ofcontractors. To maintain records, and track works orders and invoicing procedures in signing off works and spending clients' money knowledgeably.
- To manage and develop our preferred supplier list, building our construction networks across East Anglia and the Midlands in delivering specialist services, developing new business streams and establishing reciprocal business arrangements through strong ties with our contractors.
- To market the business and develop key relationships in developing building services as a core facility of the business and internal resource for all our departments.
- To deliver capital expenditure plans to support long term maintenance planning of buildings. To work alongside Property Managers and Chartered Surveyors in creating budgets in bringing properties up to an acceptable standard.
- To provide rapid response building defect diagnosis with photographic records in establishing solutions and delivering reinstatement cost assessments. To provide specialist and sensitive handling of difficult property situations.
- To prepare schedules of works and specifications in ensuring competitive tendering of building works.
- The jobholder will need to be able to work under their own initiative and be self-motivated to generate new business and to be able to meet challenging targets.
- Good interpersonal skills are therefore essential.
- The job holder will need to have detailed knowledge of RICS rules and regulations.
- A Driving Licence is essential.
In return for this fantastic opportunity, my clients are looking to offer a basic salary of £40,000 plus Commission and other company benefits including a generous holiday allowance, Car allowance, health care and pension.
GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.