York, North Yorkshire
Up to £45000 per annum
13 days ago
A new opportunity has come available with our clients, an established planning consultancy, who are currently looking for a Civil Engineer with at least 5 years' industry experience to join their experienced team in York.
Our clients provide specialist advice on all the aspects of the planning process. With a particular focus on planning services, flood risk assessment and environmental planning issues.
Key duties will include;
- provide feasibility and design advice to a range of clients involved in development and land use planning, including flood risk assessments and surface and foul water drainage design.
- You will undertake site viability assessments, flood risk assessments, surface and foul water drainage designs.
- You will provide satisfactory resolution to engineering issues identified during planning applications to support clients in gaining the necessary approvals.
- You will liaise with developers/clients, consult with regulators and planning authorities and work with inter-disciplinary teams
The successful Civil Engineer will have;
- You will have experience of implementing the National Planning Policy Framework, Building Regulations, The Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations and other development related guidance and standards in your work.
- You will have a strong technical appreciation of hydrology, hydraulic modelling (fluvial and sewer), drainage and other aspects related to infrastructure delivery.
- You will have an engineering or science related qualification, degree or equivalent, preferably be of chartered status with the ICE or CIWEM
- You should have an interest in water and the environment and be able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally. You will be responsible for tender preparation and project management.
- Experience with Infrastructure planning and delivery associated with site development including residential and commercial developments
- Knowledge of ArcGIS and AutoCAD applications
- Experience in 3D earthworks modelling using AutoCAD Civils 3D or similar
- Strong understanding of flood risk assessments
- A valid UK driving licence is required and your own vehicle.
- Experience with Causeway drainage design software.
- As a Civil Engineer you will be expected to work Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm.
- Initially outlined as "working from home" in the short term with the intention of being office based in their York office in the coming months.
In return, my client is offering a basic salary around £45,000 depending on experience plus additional benefits.
GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.