£25000 - £30000 per annum
3 months ago
An exciting opportunity to join an expanding team in one of Scotland's leading firms of independent commercial property managers. They are seeking a commercial property manager based in their Edinburgh office. My clients are a highly a dynamic and successful business that is ambitious with a clear focused plan to continue developing their business for many years to come.
The successful candidate shall provide day to day & asset management advice to a broad range of clients that include property companies & commercial funds as well as owner-occupiers. These are national commercial portfolios that primarily consist of office and industrial properties.
- Commercial Property Management experience is essential
- RICS Qualification or equivalent (not essential but preferable)
- Deliver customer service at the highest level
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Driver's license
- Well-presented and a great team player
- Capable of organising large volumes of work for self and others with detailed procedures
- Able to multi-task, work to tight deadlines and produce high-quality work under pressure.
- Confident to make decisions, and when to seek further clarification
- Proficient organisational and planning skills
- ARLA accreditation, whilst not essential would be desirable for this role and training will be given to achieve the standards
- Working to assist and support the team in providing a full range of property management instructions on a variety of commercial properties, including both single and multi-let properties in Scotland and England.
- Answering tenant enquiries regarding all aspects of their lease and property
- Arranging property inspections to ensure both landlord's and tenant's obligations are being met
- Liaising with and being point of contact with on-site staff
- Instructing contractors to carry out maintenance and refurbishment works on service charge properties and ensuring works are carried out timely and keeping tenants updated
- Assisting in management and collection of rental and other income
- Assist in preparation and administration of service charge expenditure
- Reporting Client Statements, Service Charge budgeting and reconciliations
- Develop contact base and introduce potential new business to the Firm
- Block property management
- Leading on rent arrears
- Maintaining up to date records on in-house systems
- Preparation of property management reports
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
In return, my client is offering a basic salary of £25,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience & qualifications), plus a discretionary bonus, and other progression opportunities.
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.