£25,000 - £30,000
6 months ago
An exciting opportunity to join an expanding team in one of Scotland’s leading firms of independent commercial property managers. They are seeking a commercial property manager based in their Edinburgh office. My clients are a highly a dynamic and successful business that is ambitious with a clear focused plan to continue developing their business for many years to come.
The successful candidate shall provide day to day & asset management advise to a broad range of clients that include property companies & commercial funds as well as owner-occupiers. These are national commercial portfolios that primarily consist of office and industrial properties.
- Commercial Property Management experience is essential
- RICS Qualification or equivalent (not essential but preferable)
- Deliver customer service at the highest level
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Driver’s license
- Well-presented and a great team player
- Capable of organising large volumes of work for self and others with detailed procedures
- Able to multi-task, work to tight deadlines and produce high-quality work under pressure.
- Confident to make decisions, and when to seek further clarification
- Proficient organisational and planning skills
- ARLA accreditation, whilst not essential would be desirable for this role and training will be given to achieve the standards
- Working to assist and support the team in providing a full range of property management instructions on a variety of commercial properties, including both single and multi-let properties in Scotland and England.
- Answering tenant enquiries regarding all aspects of their lease and property
- Arranging property inspections to ensure both landlord’s and tenant’s obligations are being met
- Liaising with and being point of contact with on-site staff
- Instructing contractors to carry out maintenance and refurbishment works on service charge properties and ensuring works are carried out timely and keeping tenants updated
- Assisting in management and collection of rental and other income
- Assist in preparation and administration of service charge expenditure
- Reporting Client Statements, Service Charge budgeting and reconciliations
- Develop contact base and introduce potential new business to the Firm
- Block property management
- Leading on rent arrears
- Maintaining up to date records on in-house systems
- Preparation of property management reports
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
In return, my client is offering a basic salary of £25,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience & qualifications), plus a discretionary bonus, and other progression opportunities.