York, North Yorkshire
£40000 - £50000 per annum
3 months ago
My clients are looking for an engineer or scientist with at least three years industry experience, an interest in flood risk management, drainage design and the wider engineering field to join their team. You will provide feasibility and design advice to a range of clients involved in development and land use planning, including flood risk assessments and surface and foul water drainage design.
You will undertake site viability assessments, flood risk assessments, surface and foul water drainage designs, site walkovers commissioning surveys as required. You will provide a satisfactory resolution to engineering issues identified during planning applications to support clients in gaining the necessary approvals.
You will have experience of implementing the National Planning Policy Framework, Building Regulations, The Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations and other development related guidance and standards in your work.
You will have a strong technical appreciation of hydrology, hydraulic modeling (fluvial and sewer), drainage and other aspects related to infrastructure delivery.
Qualifications and experience
You will have an engineering or science related qualification, degree or equivalent preferably be chartered or working towards chartered status with the ICE or CIWEM.
You should have an interest in water and the environment and be able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally. You will be responsible for tender preparation and project management.
For the role awareness/experience in the following core skills would be beneficial:
- Infrastructure planning and delivery associated with site development including residential and commercial developments
- Outline and detailed drainage (surface and foul) design for residential/ commercial developments at a range of scales using WinDES Micro Drainage/ Infoworks or equivalent software packages.
- Consultations with various authorities (e.g. Environment Agency, Lead Local Flood Authorities, Internal Drainage Boards and Drainage Undertakers) regarding flood risk and drainage design
- ArcGIS and AutoCAD applications
- Input into CDM/Health and Safety/Environmental issues checklists
- Interpretation of geo-technical reports for drainage design
- Undertaking surface water/SuDS and foul water drainage appraisals.
- 3D earthworks modelling using AutoCAD Civils 3D or similar
- Hydrological Assessment and Hydraulic Modelling using WINFAP-FEH and Flood Modeller software packages.
- A valid UK driving licence is required.
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.