Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
£22000 - £28000 per annum + bonuses
16 days ago
Our client is an independent company letting a small portfolio of properties with plans of expanding, is currently looking for an experienced Housing Officer/Property Manager, dedicated to manage properties and tenants who are in shared houses in Hemel Hempstead.
The successful Housing Officer/Property Manager, will need to be based within 20 minutes of Hemel Hempstead and provide essential support to the Director.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Assessing the needs of applicants
- Engaging with tenants face to face and over the phone to complete paperwork
- Logging all correspondence and updating the system with tenant details
- Ad-hoc request from management
- To manage rental properties
- Dealing with tenants and contractors on a daily basis
- Arranging inspections of all properties and feeding back to the landlord.
- Confidently resolving rent arrears.
- Obtaining quotes from contractors; solving problems and managing a busy and varied workload
To be considered for the role of Housing Officer/Property Manager will:
- Have an excellent understanding of Social Housing, Housing Benefits and Universal Credit
- A minimum of 2 years within a Property Management, Housing Officer or Social housing position.
- Able to work toward targets
- Hard-working, highly organised, have the ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Able to adapt to varied situations speaking with tenants with differing circumstances
- Living within a commutable 20 minute distance of Hemel Hempstead
- Most importantly, they are looking for a positive person who will be committed to the role for many years to come.
In return, our client is offering:
- Salary £22,000 - £28,000 pa depending on experience
- Monday - Friday 8:30am-5:30pm, but when business needs or emergencies require some flexibility
- Available for an immediate start
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.