about 1 month ago
My client, a successful Estate Agency is looking for an experienced HR Manager and Administrator to join their team in Launceston to cover maternity leave. Previous experience within a HR/management role is essential.
The successful candidate will provide a support service to the Directors and departmental heads in ensuring optimum employee performance and welfare. Responsibilities will include ensuring all practices are legally compliant and in line with the Company's policies and procedures together with providing advice, guidance and support to staff and managers alike. Immediate start available for a handover of work prior to maternity leave commencing in December 2020.
You'll be required to work Monday to Friday 8:45am - 5:00pm.
Salary will be depending on level of experience.
As a HR Manager and Administrator for my client you must be:
- be an organised individual who's able to multitask effectively
- ability to problem solve
- excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- have a superb eye for detail together with excellent time-management skills
- strong knowledge of all MS Office packages
- have a full UK driving licence and access to own vehicle
- previous experience within HR, ideally management level - essential to be considered for this role
- up-to-date on relevant GDPR and compliance laws/polices
Duties include, but will not be limited too:
- Input new starters and terms and conditions of employment - Preparing contracts of employment
- Organise and coordinate the recruitment and selection of new staff including; developing job descriptions, preparing advertisements, scrutinising applications, shortlisting, interviewing and assisting with the selection of candidates and setting up personnel files.
- Maintain HR systems and administration; staff records, personnel, holiday and sickness etc.
- Administer all HR related matters; referencing, probationary periods, maternity and other leave requests, invite and outcome letters
- Keeping the employee handbook up to date in line with current legislation
- Have up-to-date employment law knowledge with the ability to provide expert employee relations advice in a timely manner
- Respond and support the Directors and managers with employment queries and issues
- Offer guidance and assistance with handling grievance and disciplinary matters
- Listening to grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
- Planning and sometimes delivering training, including inductions for new staff
- To conduct annual performance reviews and ensure actions are undertaken
- To be the main point of contact of the Company's IT/telecoms provider
- Monitor the IT/telecoms contract and benchmark to ensure best value is achieved
- Manage any software/hardware added and ensure best value is achieved
- To be the main point of contact for the Company's health and safety provider
- Monitor the health and safety contract and benchmark to ensure best value is achieved
- To ensure implementation of health and safety policy
- Update the Company Anti-money laundering policy as often as is necessary as directed
- Assist the Anti-money Laundering Officers in the implementation of the policy
- Produce a Company GDPR policy
- Assist the Directors in the implementation of the GDPR policy
- To update the GDPR policy as often as is necessary (with third party advice)
- Attend Directors' meetings to update the Directors as often as is necessary
- Proactive in recognising any new compliance matters relevant to the business
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.