Up to £35000 per annum
5 months ago
My client, one of the largest independent estate agents in the UK, have a passion for developing people and actively working towards a nurturing culture of continuous improvement to enable staff to reach their full potential. They operate in a high-performance culture that prides itself on delivering excellent customer service. My client's reputation depends on the service they provide to all their new and existing customers.
They are looking for an IT Developer with a strong background in design, development, test, improvement and reporting for Finance and Account departments. The successful candidate will work in a fast paced and collaborative environment, using their programming and analytical to support and improve our finance function. The role will initially be focussed on existing financial systems and reporting processes. The role will involve interactions with all departments and at all levels of the business operation.
The applicant will be familiar with working within a project management framework and be comfortable deriving requirements from agile methods. The applicant will be supported by experienced project management, finance, development and support resources, with many years of experience within the estate agency business.
- Ability to develop key insights into customer, property and operational data developing a strong set of informative KPI's
- Proven experience in working with large data sets, segmenting these as required to provide data insight
- Experience of working with commission schemes, reporting for statements and adhoc analysis
- Commercial experience using bespoke and/or commercial financial products
- A firm grasp of reporting methodologies and in-depth experience with the Microsoft SSRS and Crystal reports.
- At least 2 years commercial experience using, Visual Studio 2003/2005/2010, SQL Server database 2008 R2 or later, Windows Services, and JSON/XML technologies
- Ability to deliver data insight and MI in easily readable formats and in a timely manner (including group wide KPIs, Commission statements and adhoc analysis)
- Experience of working with Access Accounts
- Ability to develop data management processes to ensure data is consistently kept up to date
- Any .Net MCP, MCAD or MCSD qualifications are a definite advantage
- Ability to develop dashboards showing overall data performance (for example, using Microsoft Power BI or similar reporting frameworks)
- Deliver data extracts as request by business users
- Proactively provide ideas and solutions towards the improvement of applications and the business.
- Working with Finance and Accounts teams to develop and improve in-house applications and integration processes (upgrade commercial packages as needed)
- Assess risk and impact on the existing system that may arise due to any requirement or functional change.
- Provide regular analysis reports on issues and opportunities based on data intelligence
- Development and management of requests from our Finance and Accounts teams. Provide timely functional releases to meet fast changing business requirements.
In return for this my client is offering up to £35,000 per annum and sociable office hours Mon - Fri 9.00am - 5.30pm.
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.