Durham, County Durham
£20000 - £22000 per annum + incentives, bonuses + mileage
10 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lettings Portfolio Manager to join my clients' thriving and growing forward thinking Independent estate agency branch based in Durham city.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, organised and personable. My client is looking for a property professional who can deliver excellent customer service, is presentable and a great communicator, both verbally and written.
The objective of this role is for the role holder, through a training programme, to provide cover for all property portfolios currently managed by our Property Management Team. This is with a view for the role holder to progress to the position of Property Manager with the full responsibility of their own property portfolio, either by taking over the management of an existing portfolio or building up a property portfolio of new business.
Key responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- After training, to provide holiday cover for the existing Property Management team on behalf of the owner including maintenance, filing and managing security deposits, re-letting and all legal documentation in relation to the let from start to finish.
- Liaison with new landlords regarding legal requirements, keys, advertising properties and arranging required maintenance works at the initial stages.
- Reviewing property applications with the Lettings team and reporting to the landlord.
- Working in compliance with property regulations - e.g. aware of HMO requirements, health & safety processes.
- Providing support to Tenants throughout their rental period from application, lease agreement through to check in, inventory process, rental period and check out of tenancy.
- Support the Property Management team - learning, sharing experience.
- Conducting Property Viewings and Routine Property Visits - from booking initial appointments, attending, liaising with Property Viewing Team for regular viewings.
- Ensuring advertisement of properties managed correctly - e.g. photography, advertising media.
- Provision of property utility services, including online services
To be considered for the role of Lettings Portfolio Manager you must have the following requirements:
- Minimum 12 months property management experience
- Experience within the Residential Lettings sector
- Deliver customer service at the highest level
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Own Vehicle and Driver's license
- Well-presented and a great team player
- Capable of organising large volumes of work for self and others with detailed procedures
- Able to multi-task, work to tight deadlines and produce high quality work under pressure.
- Confident to make decisions, and when to seek further clarification
- Proficient organisational and planning skills
- ARLA accreditation, whilst not essential would be a desirable for this role and training will be given to achieve the standards
- Professional, driven team worker who takes ownership for portfolio.
- Able to innovate and identify improvements to the service offered
- Essential skill set level of MS Office Applications - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Monday to Friday 9:00AM - 5:00PM
- Alternate Saturdays 9:00AM - 12:30PM
In return my client is offering a basic salary of £18,000, with on target earnings of £20,000 - £22,000, plus other incentives, bonuses and car mileage.
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.