Up to £20000 per annum
3 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Lettings Receptionist to join my client's office based in Edinburgh city centre. As the first point of contact for all clients and customers, the experienced Receptionist will be polite, well presented and ideally have previous experience as a Receptionist and preferably a good working knowledge of the Lettings and Property Management industry.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, organised and personable. They're looking for a property professional who can deliver excellent customer service, is presentable and a great communicator, both verbally and written.
- Being the first point of contact for people coming into the office.
- Multitasking telephone calls and dealing with efficiently & professionally.
- Helping tenant referencing for all applications.
- First in line to answer incoming phone calls and dealing with enquiry/issue straight away (no calls back wherever possible).
- Booking viewing appointments.
- Responding to email enquiries.
- Taking and passing messages to other members of the team.
- Key management including signing keys in and out.
- Taking payments (in particular, monthly rental payments from tenants).
- Mini projects for including improvement of standard forms and templates and various improvements throughout the office.
- Notifications to tenants and viewers about viewings and inspections Preparing viewer paperwork and keys where required.
- Using initiative, particularly during quieter months.
- Occasional viewings as and when required.
- Assisting and helping the team with their roles in the office.
- Keen eye for detail and good timekeeping.
- Occasional routine property visits may also be required.
- Mucking in to all roles for the office as and when required.
- A positive problem-solving attitude towards role especially when challenges arise and being professional at all times.
- Professional, driven and individual with strong integrity.
- Speak and write fluent English with evidenced Right to Work in the UK.
- A command of other languages is of benefit, but not essential.
- Essential skill set level of MS Office Applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- An interest in Property Management and able to understand the regulatory requirements of the business operation.
- Training to support the individual to ARLA standards will be provided.
- Driving Licence is desirable with no more than 3 penalty points.
Salary: In return, my client is offering a starting salary from £20,000 (depending on experience) paid in arrears on the 2nd last working day of the month and would look to review, subject to performance, after 6 months.
Hours: Full time hours of Monday to Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm, or alternatively 9:00am - 6:00pm. Saturdays on a rota basis (one 5 hour Saturday shift of each month, during the hours of 8:00am to 3:00pm and where there are 5 Saturdays in the month, you will be required to work a second Saturday in that month or attend company training of which, there are 3 training days per year) Saturdays can be swapped to suit.
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.