£35000 - £40000 per annum
27 days ago
My client is an award-winning specialist Mortgage Broker with an appetite to revolutionise the mortgage market. A vibrant team willing to go the extra mile to find people a Mortgage where others try and fail. They are authorised and regulated by the FCA, concentrating on the Mortgage & Insurance marketplace including Life Cover, Critical Illness Cover, and Income Protection products. They are a whole of market intermediary, so we will search every mortgage lender & insurance provider to ensure that our clients are recommended the best products to suit their needs.
They are looking to strengthen their team with an experienced supervisor to oversee all aspects of training, sales and regulatory compliance with their office and field-based staff.
Your role will be to develop the performance, competency and professionalism of Mortgage Consultants in line with the Company's Training and Competence Scheme and Financial Conduct Authority requirements.
You will have a strong track in Financial Services ideally within the mortgage & protection market. You will be adept at identifying areas of risk and implementing processes to mitigate this together with the ability to train and develop the sales team to work in a compliant way whilst delivering strong results.
Ensuring high standards of service and customer care are maintained throughout. You will be a confident and strong communicator who will not shy away from 'fixing' problems and making positive change happen.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- To effectively deliver key elements of the published T&C framework, in line with the firm's culture, values and risk management approach
- In collaboration with Group Risk and L&D, conduct competency assessments as and when required, in order to assist advisers in obtaining Competent Adviser Status
- Responsibility for the delivery of key compliance issues that arise from regular KPI reviews
- Responsibility for achieving and maintaining consistently good quality KPI outputs across the adviser force
- To ensure that the firm's T&C records remain actively updated and record keeping is of a high-quality standard
- To maintain personal adherence to the T&C scheme, demonstrating consistently a positive supervisory risk rating
- To support and deliver aspects of training and development as required including assisting with the delivery of consultant inductions in order to validate initial competency
- To support advisers in developing their knowledge and skills and in the delivery of quality client outcomes
- To work in collaboration with the Group's Risk department, to assess adviser competence and effect solutions to mitigate key compliance risks
Required Skills & Experience
- Competent Status as a Mortgage Consultant
- Proven track record of sales performance
- Mortgage and Protection sector T&C supervision experience
- Appropriate qualifications - typically R05 or CeMAP as a minimum
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to bring about change in groups and individuals
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Technologically competent
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
In return for this position our clients are looking to offer a basic salary of £35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience plus a healthy bonus structure.
GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.