£20000 - £26000 per annum
24 days ago
My client a leading and prestigious Solicitors firm, are looking to add talent to their Private Client Department in the form of a Paralegal.
Joining a welcoming and supportive established team of specialists who are at the top of their profession, you will have full responsibility of managing your own caseload from day one with exposure to a broad range of Private Client work and clients including individuals, trustees, executors, and institutions throughout Scotland.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing your own caseload (support will be given for individuals with less experience)
- Preparing wills and powers of attorney
- Administering trusts and executries (including high-value estates)
- Assisting with asset protection and capital gains tax mitigation in relation to trusts and executries
- Guardianship administration
- Help draft simple Wills, letters of wishes, Lasting Powers of Attorney, assisting with simple probate administration and the preparation of Estate Accounts
- Undertake other fee-earning services to clients and prepare and deal with correspondence to and from clients, and third parties including other solicitors.
- Drive the administrative management of files, including opening and closing of matters
- Liaising with clients in person and over the telephone
- Completing all associated administration
- Previous experience of working within a Private Client Department, administering executries and preparing wills and powers of attorneys as a minimum (Will consider candidates at all levels of experience)
- Genuine interest in Private Client work
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to form strong relationships with clients
- Confident and approachable
- Hardworking and enthusiastic with a preference for a busy environment
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent IT skills
Working Hours - Full time
In return, my client is offering a competitive basic salary of £20,000 - £26,000 (Depending on experience) , plus other company benefits.
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.