£40000 - £60000 per annum
about 1 month ago
My Clients are an RICS Regulated Chartered Surveying Practice offering a full range of Building Consultancy and Project Management services. They are looking for an experienced Project Manager/Building Surveyor to join their busy team based in Norwich. Although Norwich based, the role will involve travel across the country.
The successful Project Manager/Building Surveyor will be expected to provide an effective service to the practice's clients. Ensuring all duties assigned are completed as directed within set timescales. They will be able to assist the team and take responsibility for a range of multidisciplinary projects as PM or BS lead for projects mainly within the defence sector.
The role could also involve other professional services such as surveys, technical reports and expert witness commissions.
The Project Manager/Building Surveyor duties will include;
- Weekly contact time with the core team in Norwich to ensure support and management established.
- Ensuring expenditure is controlled and that schemes are completed within budget and on time.
- To regularly update the Director/s on progress and other matters associated with the delivery of projects within the team.
- To assist the Director/s by overseeing the work being delivered by junior members of the team.
- To accept instructions from clients to provide services for their needs. A key requirement for this role is for the individual to be client facing and can think beyond the client's needs in a high-pressured environment.
- To assess tenders and make recommendations to client.
- To ensure professional competence through continual professional development.
- To assist in the appointment of other consultants, specialist contractors etc. when necessary.
The successful Project Manager/Building Surveyor will have;
- Chartered Membership of the RICS (MRICS) or equivalent professional body.
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary design teams.
- A drive to engage in career development and continuous professional development.
- A strong understanding of regulations associated with defence UK MoD/USAF
- Experience with Autocad, Revit, Sketchup.
- Track record in defence or security sector.
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle
- British citizenship (given the nature of the work this role will undertake)
In return, my client is offering a basic salary of between £40,000-£60,000 depending on experience. Plus additional benefits.
GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.