Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £23000 per annum
27 days ago
Our clients, a very well-established independent estate agency who are based in South Manchester are currently looking to recruit a Property Manager to join their expanding team.
To provide an effective, efficient and customer focused management service to tenants, landlords, and contractors.
- Responsible for the day to day management of a lettings portfolio made up of professional, student and some HMO's
- Being pro-active in chasing defects and management issues, whilst also updating both tenants and landlords on such issues.
- Coordinating Move Ins, Move Outs, Inspections, and Inventories to be regularly completed.
- Ensure that processes, systems, policies, and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Liaising with tenants, contractors, and landlords regarding any defect issues and negotiating a quick and fair resolution to any problems for both the landlord and tenant.
- Ensuring all legislation, including safety certificates relating to the properties, are kept up to date.
- Being pro-active and advising landlords to upgrade their properties in order to ensure they are let well and quickly.
- Drafting and arranging the signing of tenancy and guarantor agreements.
- Issuing notices and renewal of existing tenancies.
- Liaising with the accounts team regarding payments, arrears and invoicing.
- Commitment to achieving excellent performance and delivering an excellent management service.
- Registering deposits and handling any end of tenancy disputes between the landlord and tenant.
Skills and Abilities
- Customer focused and committed to delivering excellent service.
- Very strong planning, administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise workloads and to work to strict guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills including written work, presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to record and manage accurate information and detailed data.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to equalities in all areas of work with customers, members of staff.
- IT literate in standard office applications and able to manage computerised databases.
- Good Numeracy skills.
- Full driving license.
- Essential - Minimum of 2 years' experience within the property industry in either the professional or student lettings market.
- Experience in dealing with HMO's preferred but not essential.
In return, our clients offer a basic salary of £23,000 with hours of 9-5.30 Monday - Friday, 1 in 4 Saturdays, 9am-3pm.
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.