car allowance, pension + healthcare
4 months ago
Our client is a highly regarded and established firm delivering construction services throughout the UK. They offer a diverse range of services to include concrete, civils, main contracting and design and build.
They are actively looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor with recent and relevant construction/civils experience. The successful Quantity Surveyor will have a positive and professional attitude and the ability to work both within a team and independently.
The Quantity Surveyor duties will include;
- Setting up subcontractor procurement plans and strategies to ensure timely and most cost effectively subcontractor procurement including labour only subcontractors.
- Appointment of all Sub-Contract agreements in line with procurement schedule, ensuring profit maximisation through securing net cost betterment through close liaison with supply chain.
- Ensure that appropriate supply chain insurance meets the project requirements and is kept up to date through the duration of the contract works.
- Agreeing subcontractor final accounts upon completion of their contract works.
- To attend handover meetings with estimating team and assist project lead establish quantities at an early stage.
- Ensure commercial reports are prepared and issued timeously for the client progress meetings.
- Attend and report on all commercial aspects during weekly project team meetings.
- Ensure live contracts records are updated and maintained for all contracts.
- Provide weekly general update to Senior Management
- Ensure adequate records are kept of relevant matters.
- Provider analysis reports on subcontractors
- Maintain win rate ratios and feedback to Senior Management
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have;
- Full UK driving licence
- Degree qualified or at least 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable experience in Construction/Civils sectors.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be expected to work Monday to Friday 8am-5pm
In return, my client is offering a competitive basic salary depending on experience as well as a negotiable car allowance, pension scheme and healthcare
GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.