East Ayrshire, Scotland
4 months ago
My client, a well-respected construction consultant is seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join their busy team.
The position would suit a candidate who has their BSc Honours in Quantity Surveying and is working towards MRICS chartered status or has recently become chartered and are looking to take their career to the next step and broaden their experience.
Applicants should hold excellent people and IT skills and be driven to work as part of our existing team. Ideally candidates should have a minimum of five years relevant experience of working within a private Quantity Surveying practice.
Our clients provide a number of services across most sectors and there is an opportunity to become involved in Cost Management, Traditional Quantity Surveying, Employers Agent, Project Management, CDM services, specialist M&E measurement, billing and costing, procurement and dispute resolution.
Projects include a variety of refurbishment and new build within a wide range of sectors, including Higher and Further Education, Local Authority, Residential, Social Housing, Private Houses, Hotel and Leisure, Commercial Developments, Retail, Community projects and Restoration/Conservation.
The successful candidate should ideally:
- Have a minimum of 5 years' experience within private practice
- Have strong understanding and practical experience of both Pre-Contract and Post-Contract work
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable in a client facing role
- Be able to manage and deliver projects with minimum of supervision
- Be either chartered or currently working towards chartered status
- Be ambitious with career and business development aspirations
- Be able to work as part of a larger team as well as manage and lead a team of Quantity Surveyors
In return you can expect:
- Competitive Salary and benefits reflecting experience level and qualifications
- Extensive training and development and assistance in gaining Chartered status, if necessary, via our RICS
- Approved Structured Training Programme
- RICS fees paid
- Promotion / progression opportunities
- Supporting and developing networking and business development
GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.