£20000 - £30000 per annum
18 days ago
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join my clients dynamic and busy Residential Property team in Edinburgh. My clients are a leading Scottish law firm, specialising in Estate Agency, Conveyancing and Private Client services.
The firm believes strongly in building strong teams with imaginative individuals who have the energy and enthusiasm to deliver the best legal advice and support.
- Carrying out all aspects of residential conveyancing to include purchase, sale, re-mortgage and equity release, repossession work, matrimonial conveyancing, discharges, transfers of title, and descriptions/transfers in executory transactions
- Working closely with our Estate Agency department to ensure a seamless cross over from agency to conveyancing
- Reporting to the Director and supporting him in developing new business opportunities as well as maintaining established relationships with clients and contacts
- Working autonomously and under pressure in a fast paced environment with a busy caseload
- Handling a large amount of administrative work alongside transactional work, including processing high volumes of searches, anti-money laundering documentation, ordering titles and redemptions, opening files and other administrative tasks as required.
- Identifying and managing risk effectively in your work. This includes but is not limited to the Anti-Money Laundering, Source of Funds and Source of Wealth considerations which are commonplace in residential transactions
- Providing advice and guidance to clients on conveyancing matters
- Experience in the conveyancing sector
- Ability to advise clients on Home Reports and offer levels (not essential but preferred)
- Ability to handle a significant workload with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet agreed fee earning team targets and have an understanding of key financial issues relevant to your team
- Strong time management and organisational skills to maximise the profitability of your work
- Excellent IT skills
Monday to Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
In return, my client is offering a basic salary of £20,000 - £30,000 (Depending on experience & qualifications).
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.