York, North Yorkshire
21 days ago
My clients are an established planning consultancy based in York. They are looking to appoint a motivated and experienced RTPI Chartered Town Planner/Planning Consultant to work on an exciting variety of projects for private sector clients in Yorkshire and across England and Wales.
As a Senior Planner you will play a key role in developing the client base. You will be responsible for working proactively and at your own initiative on a range of projects with an emphasis on the large-scale residential sector including site reviews, planning applications and appeals.
You will be expected to take on responsibility for developing and managing your own clients and caseload.
It is anticipated that the Senior Planner will have experience in:
- Processing of all types of planning applications
- The preparation and presentation of reports
- Responding to the public and clients on planning enquiries.
- Writing appeal statements and attending Hearings/Inquiries
- 3 Years plus relevant experience;
- A proven track record managing caseloads for different types of planning applications ideally with an emphasis on the large scale residential sector;
- The ability to prepare and present high quality planning reports;
- Experience of writing appeal statements and the appeal process;
- Proficiency in responding to general and client planning enquiries, producing tender documents and negotiating with statutory consultees
Ideally, candidates will have Development Management experience, will hold an RTPI-accredited degree in Town Planning (or related subject) and will have full membership of the RTPI. Candidates that are eligible for membership of the RTPI will also be considered.
In return for this fantastic opportunity, my clients are looking to offer a very competitive basic salary and flexible work arrangement.
GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.