£65000 - £80000 per annum
8 months ago
My client requires a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their busy team to work on developments in East Anglian and the South East, you will be responsible for manging the costs for each site and ensuring that targets are met by managing and controlling the budgets and valuations.
Key Duties include but not limited to:
- Produce draft budgets for each site
- Produce quarterly valuations and complete material 'cost to complete' exercises for each site
- Produce sub-contract payments and final accounts.
- Produce sub-contract orders
- Complete on-site measurements and assess payments to contractors.
- Attend and contribute to various meetings, such as pre-order meetings, quarterly valuation meetings and project review meetings with senior management, construction team as well as external contractors
- Manage all sub-contract orders on site, meeting sub-contractors as and when required
- Maintain trade specifications
- Price customer extras and liaise with sales department as necessary
- Manage Professional Fees Budget
- Assist with material buying when required
- Experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor or Surveyor with a residential house builder
- MRICS or equivalent qualification
- HND/HNC Building Studies
- Current CSCS card or equivalent is desirable
- Strong communication and listening skills, with good negotiation skills
- Highly motivated to deliver quality developments
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrates ability to meet deadlines
- IT literate and the ability to adapt to new systems
- Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked
- Office based role, with travel within the Divisional area.
- Ability to travel to development sites as and when required
- Competitive salary + Other Bonus schemes
- Annual and long-term bonus schemes
- Health care
- Pension scheme
GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.