about 1 month ago
Are you an experienced Site Manager who's looking for a new challenge?
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Site Manager for a project in Inverness who will be responsible for managing a safe construction site and, as such, must be aware of and in control of all aspects of site operations, including the planning of site progress. Ensuring development is built to Company and Building standards using specified drawings and instructions, within budget and on programme.
To be considered for the role of Site Manager you must have;
- Full UK driving licence
- Valid CSCS
- 5 Day SMSTS
- First Aid at Work
- Degree qualified or at least 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable experience in Construction/Civils sectors.
Key duties will include;
- Supervise materials, plant and equipment on site,
- Supervise supplies and order of materials to meet work requirements,
- Supervision of both employees and subcontractors ensuring they are competent in any task they are undertaking for or on behalf of the Company,
- Deploy and monitor plant and equipment on site,
- Co-ordinate work activities,
- Daily/ Weekly Health & Safety checks implementing and monitoring works and health and safety systems to meet project requirements,
- Assess and recommend work methods, resources and systems to meet works requirements,
- Control works against agreed quality standards,
- Control works progress against agreed programmes and submit short term programmes weekly,
- Produce site progress reports,
- Contribute to controlling works costs against agreed budgets,
- Site Inductions with new employees and subcontractors,
- Ensure paperwork is collated and information completed daily,
- Ensure all employees, subcontractors and visitors to site log in and out,
- Weekly Site Safety Inspection to be completed and handed to Construction Director,
- Prepare for and lead Weekly Site Meetings as necessary,
- Ensure materials/plant are ordered giving sufficient lead time for procurement to get best price,
- Ensure plant is off hired and collected from site when no longer required,
- Attend Managers/ Supervisors Meeting,
- Managing and assess the performance of individuals and teams,
- Identify training requirement,
- Take disciplinary action as and when required taking advice from Human Resources,
- Responsible for own personal development and maintaining up to date and relevant knowledge of key areas in Construction such as Health & Safety, Construction Design Management Regulations, Quality Control Standards.
Our client is a highly regarded and established firm delivering construction services throughout the UK for over 30 years. They offer a diverse range of services to include concrete, civils, main contracting and design and build.
- Our client is offering a competitive basic salary - depending on experience
- A negotiable car allowance
- Pension scheme
- 40 days holiday
GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.